Back to School Sales Tax Holiday August 4-6, 2017
The City of Lebanon and Laclede County will be participating once again in Back to School Sales Tax Holiday, August 4-6, 2017. Each year the State of Missouri offers Sales Tax Holiday for Back to School purchases and allows Cities and Counties the choice to participate or opt out for local sales tax collection.
Certain back-to-school purchases, such as clothing, school supplies, computers, and other items as defined by the statute, are exempt from sales tax for this time period only. The Sales Tax exemption is limited to the following:
- Clothing – any article having a taxable value of $100 or less. Any article of wearing apparel, including footwear, intended to be worn on or about the human body. The term shall include but not be limited to cloth and other material used to make school uniforms or other school clothing. Items normally sold in pairs shall not be separated to qualify for the exemption. The term shall not include watches, watchbands, jewelry, handbags, handkerchiefs, umbrellas, scarves, ties, headbands, or belt buckles.
- School supplies – not to exceed $50 per purchase. Any item normally used by students in a standard classroom for educational purposes, including but not limited to, textbooks, notebooks, paper, writing instruments, crayons, art supplies, rulers, book bags, backpacks, handheld calculators, chalk, maps, and globes. The term shall not include watches, radios, CD players, headphones, sporting equipment, portable or desktop telephones, copiers or other office equipment, furniture, or fixtures. School supplies shall also include computer software having a taxable value of three hundred fifty dollars or less.
- Computer software – taxable value of $350 or less.
- Personal computers – not to exceed $3,500. A laptop, desktop, or tower computer system which consists of a central processing unit, random access memory, a storage drive, a display monitor, and a keyboard and devices designed for use in conjunction with a personal computer, such as a disk drive, memory module, compact disk drive, daughterboard, digitalizer, microphone, modem, motherboard, mouse, multimedia speaker, printer, scanner, single-user hardware, single-user operating system, soundcard, or video card.
- Computer peripheral devices – not to exceed $3,500.
Darrell Pollock, Executive Director of the Lebanon Chamber of Commerce says, “Lebanon and Laclede County is the only full sales tax shut-off community for Back to School Sales Tax Holiday in the region, which includes a distance of well over one hundred miles. The Lebanon Area Chamber of Commerce, on behalf of our 400 members, wishes to thank Local and County Officials for partnering with our business community and citizens to enjoy Sales Tax complete shut-off for these back to school items. Our retail stores are stocked and ready for this event and we invite everyone to shop, dine, browse and enjoy Lebanon’s best.”
For additional information please contact the Lebanon Area Chamber of Commerce by calling 417-588-3256 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
August 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th 2017
Cowan Civic Center, Lebanon, Missouri
Duane Garren, Emcee for all Concerts
For additional information on the Lebanon Gospel Music Get-Together contact the Lebanon Area Chamber of Commerce Toll Free at 1-888-588-5710!
2017 Gospel Music Get-Together:
Wednesday, August 2nd-6:00 p.m.– Isaacs, Inspiration Quartet, Wilburn & Wilburn, The Lesters
Thursday, August 3rd-6:00 p.m.– 2nd Half Quartet, Greater Vision, Mark Trammell Quartet, Jim Brady Trio
Friday, August 4th-10:00 a.m.– Gerald Wolfe’s Hymn Book Sing, Greater Vision, Jim Brady Trio, Whisnants, Mylon Hayes Family, Mark Trammell Quartet
Friday, August 4th-6:00 p.m.– Booth Brothers, Triumphant Quartet, Primitive Quartet, Whisnants, Dennis Swanberg
Saturday, August 5th-10:00 a.m.-Brunch & Laughs with Dennis Swanberg! Featuring an all you can eat buffet. Get your tickets now!
Saturday, August 5th-5:00 p.m.– Collingsworth Family, McKameys, Dixie Echoes, Mylon Hayes Family
Reserved Seats (same reserved seats every night)– $105
General Admission– $20 per night
Friday Morning Tickets– $20 (All Seats Reserved)
Saturday Brunch– $20
Kids 16 and under are free, no tickets needed in general admission areas nightly.
Order online now! www.lebanonsing.com
Make check/money orders payable to: SIGNATURE CONCEPTS
Send to: Lebanon Sing/PO Box 380/Monett, MO 65708
Please enclose a stamped, self addressed envelope and a note stating which tickets you desire, and a daytime phone number in case we need to talk with you.
CREDIT/DEBIT CARD ORDERS CALL: 417-236-9090