GOCAPS Teacher Externship Program
The GOCAPS Teacher Externship Program is designed to promote the philosophy of the GOCAPS program of connecting business and education. The GOCAPS program connects high school students with a wide range of career opportunities, but the experience in the program itself is limited to participating students. The Teacher Externship Program allows teachers to connect with business and education by experiencing industries and professional fields outside of the school where they teach. In turn, teachers can take the knowledge and experiences from their externship back to their classroom to better prepare students for the workforce.
One session: July 16-20
- Monday morning: Program Orientation at Jordan Valley
- Monday afternoon: Introduction to assigned business
- Tuesday-Thursday: Full days at assigned business
- Friday morning: Reflection and Closing at the Jordan Valley
What to Expect:
- Exposure to various departments and functions within a local business
- Collaboration and valuable connections with area business leaders and teachers from 3 districts
- Opportunities to see the business world outside of the education field and to gain experiences that will aid you in preparing your students for the workforce
Up to eight teachers per high school can participate. Teachers will be paid with a stipend for completing the five-day externship and completing a continuing education project with externship participants.